Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Friendship bracelets ( customizing )



Last weekend I made a few friendship bracelets for a couple of my friends and myself. I was inspired by a very colourful post by the lovely Amanda from Oracle Fox (see post here). I’ve been wearing them all week in different combinations and they add such a fun element to my outfits. I don’t wear a watch so it’s a bit strange wearing something on my wrist but as they are so light, I forget I have them on most of the time!

text
from the source indicated below


Here a step-by-step tutorial which I hope will inspire you to DIY a bunch of your own friendship bracelets. You will need craft thread (the colours and combinations are up to you), twine, a safety pin and something to fasten the bracelet to when you are making it, I used a pillow.


1. Cut your thread (you can choose as many colours as you want) and twine at about 50cm, tie a loop at one end, fasten the loop to a pillow using your safety pin


2. Wrap the craft thread around the twine in different lengths and colours


3. Tie a knot at the end, cut the twine off at the knot and use your craft thread to tie a knot to the loop and slide onto your wrist


4. The other style of friendship bracelets are a little more difficult to make and take a bit of time but once you get the hang of it, it’s smooth sailing. So repeat Step 1 but only choose 4 colours. Arrange your colours so they are together (blue, blue, white, white, pink, pink, orange, orange – as an example). Using the forward knot technique, work your way from left to right with one of the blue threads tying a knot along each of the other threads. Basically you continue repeating this step until you achieve your desired length. To finish the friendship bracelet, repeat Step 3.




The photos on this blog are sourced in various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment