Saturday, March 12, 2011

Winona in crush ( styling )



I doubt there is a soul on earth who is enjoying this Winona Ryder renaissance more than I am. Of all the actresses I loved as a child, Winona stands out as a personal favorite. Just as I was getting into fashion and all its gilded trappings I began obsessively following her quirky red carpet vintage ensembles. In the olden days before every starlet had a personal stylist, there was actually a chance of getting to know a celebrity’s legitimate style. Her offbeat mix of thrift items and classic pieces from Dior and Grès drew me in, the moment I saw her at the Oscars with marcel waves I was hooked and have been ever since. Unabashed favoritism and fawning aside, her latest images in the new Elle really caught my attention and not just because I like her. Horst Diekgerdes really captures the root of what makes Winona appealing and with Kate Lanphear styling, it is probably one of the nicer takes on a celebrity edit that I’ve seen. Nothing frou frou (besides a little tulle), nothing tepid, just great clothes and a great girl – make that woman

text
from the source indicated below







The photos on this blog are sourced in various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment