Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Barbara Gordini ( styling )


Barbara I Gongini is a Nordic brand, based in Denmark. Barbara I Gongini comprises two lines of clothes: Barbara I Gongini and The Black Line. Barbara I Gongini is famous for using conventional and alternative methods within the principles of sustainability; recycling, multifunctional clothing, organic cotton, bi-products usage of fur and skin, in house production and fair trade production. SS11 is 75 % sustainable.
Barbara I Gongini comprises two lines of clothes: Barbara I Gongini and the Avant Garde Basic line by Barbara I Gongini, The Black Line. Where Barbara I Gongini is the creative part of the two lines where experiments and play are tested. The collection contains both minimalitistic and complex aspects of shape and form. The square in a fold, a returning theme, has for SS11 been reworked. The result is creations with futuristic aspects and preferences of abstract bug-like creatures with an exciting feminine undertone. The silhouette bears an extraordinary nuance of masculinity that brings the androgynous aspect between male and female to an edge. The collection is following the ethical rules of the sustainable principles that Barbara I Gongini is famous for. The collection is 75% sustainable. The collection is androgynous and colours are kept in the shadow side where grey and black nuances are heavily saturated towards the optical white.
The Black Line is a simplification the other collection. The collection is the more commercial line and the purpose to make a more basic line. The Black Line is androgynous and refers to both men and women. The line is based on avant garde principles, with focus on simplicity. There is an evolution in the collection from a simple avant garde statement to surprising elements of details. This will put the user to interact with the statement s of the collection and from there of form and it develop a personal access to expression.
The collection is released twice a year. During the work interdisciplinary co-operation with other artists within music, photography, film etc, is emphasised and this co-operation nourishes inspiration during the design process itself.


text
from the source indicated below




 
 
 
The photos on this blog are sourced in various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment