Friday, September 30, 2011

George Chamoun Recreates The Stars Of The Past ( snapshots )



Here is another awesome collage concept called Iconatomy from the words “icon” and “anatomy”. In this project George Chamoun choose movie icons from two different eras and merged them seamlessly (by computer, which was a first for Chamoun’s). The result is amazing : a Marylin/Scarlett, James Dean/Robert Pattinson, Clooney/Sean Connery, Elizabeth Taylor/Angelina Jolie and Audrey Hepburn/Natalie Portman. Only 5 so far, but I want to see more!
Click image to see it bigger, the detail view is impressive.


text
from the source indicated below


James Dean/Robert Pattinson


Clooney/Sean Connery


Elizabeth Taylor/Angelina Jolie


Audrey Hepburn/Natalie Portman


Marylin/Scarlette


From the artist: Two things people are wondering about that I thought I could make clear.
1. The pictures are not morphed in any way. What you see is a collage of two different people in each picture. Did it take me a long time to find the right pictures? Hell yes it did! :-)
2. People are commenting on the “comparison” I’m making with these pictures. About that, I just want to say that I am not comparing anything here. Sorry if you feel that your favourite actor or actress was “paired up” with someone you don’t like.

 
 
The photos and the texts on this blog are sourced from books and by various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment