Wednesday, December 28, 2011

How To Make Your Ann Demeulemeester Belt ( customizing )

 
As soon as I saw this Ann Demeulemeester belt come down the runway I knew I had to DIY it. The concept is pretty simple. It's a wide leather belt with a second strip of leather sewn on top of it. The leather is pushed up to created narrow tubes. The buckle and straps get sewn under the strip. The leather I used is from a thrift store skirt ($4) and the buckle ($2) is from a local craft store. The buckle was originally bright silver and looked rather cheap so I aged it by painting a thin layer of black nail polish on it and then gently wiping most of it off.
Ann D. styled the belt in a wonderfully Gothic way, but since it's summer I went for a more bohemian vibe.

I kept this tutorial very basic because I wasn't sure how many people would attempt this
(you need a sewing machine capable of stitching through layers of leather). I can post a more detailed tutorial if you'd like.
Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway to win an eco-friendly handbag from my collection!

text
from the source indicated below





Pushing the leather up before sewing will create a tube



The wide piece is the main part of the belt. The two smaller strips are sewn into tubes. The stripes don't need to be in two separate pieces. I didn't have a single piece that was long enough. I double layered the leather for the buckle and strap to make it more sturdy



http://www.crochetclouds.com/2011/07/diy-ann-demeulemeester-leather-belt.html

The photos and the texts on this blog are sourced from books and by various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment