Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The 1000 Door Building ( art now )


Doors” is a ten-storey public art installation made from 1,000 reused doors by South Korean artist and designer Choi Jeong-Hwa. It was built in Soeul, South Korea back in 2009 and you could probably safely say that it holds the record for the most doors in a single building. I don’t know about you guys, but I would be scared just navigating inside it – one wrong door and you could end up flying.
Choi Jeong-Hwa in his interview to The Creators Project:
“In 1989. I couldn’t really draw so I didn’t think I could become a painter, but I really liked walking. So I used to walk between streets and narrow alleys and discover garbage piles and construction sites. I realized that “normal” people built and created things better than artists or professionals. Plus, what they were making was more natural. I decided against becoming an artist and decided instead to be an ordinary person who thinks like an artist”
text
from the source indicated below





 
 
 
 
The photos and the texts on this blog are sourced from books and by various sites from the internet (apart from the ones taken by me). Original source is always mentioned. If you feel your photorights have been violated or they have been presented in a negative way, please send me mail. I´ll remove them from my blog immediately.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment